WEXFORD G.A.A. COUNTY BOARD & ULSTER BANK PLAY BALL
Ferrycarrig Hotel, Co. Wexford (Thursday, 4th August), Wexford G.A.A. County Board and Ulster Bank Ireland Limited have teamed up to offer Co. Wexford G.A.A. members and supporters the County Wexford G.A.A. Credit Card. This preferential credit card package includes introductory offers, preferential terms, a G.A.A. prize draw programme and discounts on purchases made with the Co. Wexford G.A.A. Credit Card. Brochures are available from local Co Wexford G.A.A. clubs, the Wexford G.A.A. County Board or by calling freephone 1800 946 932.
For every new Co. Wexford G.A.A. credit card issued and for every transaction on the credit card, Ulster Bank will make contributions to the County Board for the development of G.A.A. games in Wexford. These donations will go towards county team preparation, insurance for the club and county players and towards the coaching of young players.
Pat Farrell, Ulster Bank Area Manager, said, “Ulster Bank is delighted to be teaming up with the Co. Wexford G.A.A. County Board to offer Co. Wexford G.A.A. members and supporters a preferential Credit Card package and to further develop G.A.A. games in Wexford. We wish both County and Club teams every success in the various competitions and particularly in the All-Ireland Championship.”
Sean Quirke, Wexford G.A.A. County Chairman stated, “We are delighted to be in a position to launch the Co. Wexford G.A.A. Credit Card in association with Ulster Bank. This agreement will benefit our supporters financially and also provide the necessary funds which will allow us to continue the development of G.A.A. games within County Wexford. The contributions made by Ulster Bank will be expended in three specific areas – the preparation of our County Teams, underage Coaching in both Football & Hurling and the insurance of Club and County Players”
The preferential credit card package offers balance transfers and purchases of 0% interest for 9 months which reverts to a standard APR of 15.9% on the Standard Co. Wexford G.A.A. credit card and a standard APR of 12.9% on the Co. Wexford G.A.A. Zinc Credit Card. Card holders will receive a free, high quality, leather wallet with the Co. Wexford G.A.A. crest embossed, discounts on purchases and a full G.A.A. benefits programme.
The G.A.A. benefit programme means that when a customer spends on their Co. Wexford G.A.A. credit card they benefit as follows:
- When spending €1,000 or more the card holder is automatically entered into a draw for 20 unique Wexford G.A.A. umbrellas
- When spending €2,000 or more, the card holder is automatically entered into a draw for 1 of 10 County Senior Hurling Team Jerseys signed by the players and 1 of 10 County Senior Football Team Jerseys signed by the players.
- When spending €3,000 or more, the card holder can nominate a person under 14 years of age to automatically be entered into a draw to attend G.A.A. Summer Camp free (40 places per year).
- When spending €4,000 or more, the card holder is automatically entered into a draw for 10 Model County Development Draw Tickets.
- When spending €5,000 or more, the card holder is automatically entered into a draw for 15 Pairs of V.I.P tickets to County Wexford Hurling and Football Finals.
- When spending €7,500 or more, the card holder is automatically entered into a draw for two pairs of tickets for the All Ireland Hurling Final and the All Ireland Football Final.
In the event the Co. Wexford G.A.A. team reaches the All Ireland Semi Final & Final, the card holder is automatically entered into a draw for 1 of 10 further tickets.
Wexford G.A.A. County Board, in association with Ulster Bank, are negotiating discounts with national manufacturers and distributors for Co. Wexford G.A.A. Credit Card holders. Card holders will be provided with details of discounts on an ongoing basis.
Wexford G.A.A. County Board are committed to the professional preparation of all of the county teams to enable them to represent themselves and the county to the best of their ability. Last year approximately €700,000 was expended on preparation of our County Teams.
To ensure the continuation of the best quality teams the Wexford G.A.A. County Board are also investing in Development Squads with our young players. Wexford G.A.A. County Board provided competitions and coaching for approximately 10,000 young people last year and, with two full time games promotion coaches and 400 voluntary coaches, Wexford G.A.A. County Board will continue this commitment to their youth.
Wexford G.A.A. County Board require that all their players, both Club and County, have proper insurance cover in case of accident or injury. The cost of insurance has increased dramatically this year and it will be a major financial constraint for players and Clubs. By entering into this agreement with Ulster Bank, Wexford G.A.A. County Board hope to be able to ease the burden on clubs and players.
For further information, please contact:
Caroline Douglas Media Manager, Ulster Bank (01) 6084280 / (087) 9833325
John McDermott Cul Marketing, Wexford G.A.A.(090)6637673/(087)744 2106
Notes to editors:
· Introductory rate applies to new Co Wexford G.A.A. credit cards from date of issue, and applies solely to purchases and balance transfers on such cards from the date the account is opened. 17.7% APR (variable) applies to Cash Advances on Co Wexford G.A.A. credit cards from date account opened. Minimum monthly payment is the greater of €5 or 3% of balance outstanding (or the full amount if the balance is less than €5) payable within 25 days of the statement date.
· Co Wexford G.A.A. credit cards are only available to persons aged 18 years and over, subject to status and conditions.
· Information and rates correct as at 29th July, 2004 and are subject to change.
· Full terms and conditions on all credit cards from Ulster Bank are available from any branch or our website.
· Ulster Bank will contribute towards the G.A.A. County Board associated with the card. The contribution will be paid under the following conditions:-
i. The opening of an account.
ii. On each anniversary of the account being opened, as long as the account is still active. Active requires there to have a transaction made on the account in the three months prior to the anniversary.
iii. For each first additional card issued on an account.
iv. Relative to the number and amount of purchase transactions made with the card.
· Draw entry is dependent on total retail transactions between date of card issue and 30th April 2005. The prize draw will be made by Ulster Bank on 18th May 2005 and winners notified shortly afterwards. Please note that Ulster Bank’s decision is final.
About Ulster Bank Group
Ulster Bank Group is a member of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 2nd largest bank in Europe and the 5th largest in the world by market capitalisation. Following the acquisition of First Active in January 2004, , the enlarged Ulster Bank Group consists of 265 branches, more than 1.4 million customers and approximately 5,100 staff. Research shows that Ulster Bank has one of the highest rates of customer satisfaction in the industry*. Ulster Bank Group was also re-accredited the Q-Mark, by Excellence Ireland in December 2003.**
For more information, visit http://www.ulsterbank.com.
*Source: MFS survey run by MORI MRC based on the personal banking market in Republic of Ireland (6000 interviews conducted per annum). Business Data from FS Benchmark survey run by TNF mrbi.
** Q-Mark is Ireland’s national symbol of quality and is awarded by Excellence Ireland, a not for profit organisation, synonymous with excellence in Irish business. Q-Mark gives formal recognition to quality and improvement efforts. The methodology provides a comprehensive and regular review of an organisation’s activities and results, against a model of business excellence.